Monday 2 December 2013

A trunk road

Of course we don’t live out at the back of beyond, miles from civilisation. We live  on a A road -  the main road between 2 important  villages. OK, its not Dual Carriageway ( a picture of  a rural dual carriageway is here ) but there is a passing place at the end of the drive, see

  
and on the way home there was a small ( well - quite large )  problem - a tractor had broken down.




But its OK really -  I looked at the verge and it wasn't too soft, and the dyke by the side of the road was set back a bit.


And the alternative  to reverse,  and find another route to come up the other side of the hill would have been 5 miles or so .


And of course there wouldn't be a problem.  As advised by the neighbours who were there as well ,  If I ended up in the ditch there are plenty of people around with a tractor who could pull me out .










 So tractor  negotiated , ditch avoided I was on my way








No comments:

Post a Comment