Friday 20 June 2014

Checking in for NABAFWBAFNFWBACF

So the time has come - what happens when you try and check in  online for NABAFWBAFNFWBACF flight.

Log in to the BA website

 On-line check in is open - for the flight that is listed

Departs Kirkwall Fri 20 Jun 17.25 
Arrives Aberdeen. 


But remember this is NABAFWBAFNFWBACF. Its not a BA flight. 

But I can't check in  to the flight that is listed ( the NABAFWBAFNFWBACF flight). They tell me I have to go to the airport. 
But i can check in for the BA flight 




So I now have a boarding card for a BA flight. But BA  tell me that for the check- in and Boarding card  for a NABAFWBAFNFWBACF flight I have to go to the Kirkwall airport.

But  the NABAFWBAFNFWBACF flight is provided by Flybe.  So what happens if I put by BA  booking reference number ( 7xxxxxC ) into the Flybe website ?

It logs me in !

And I haven't got a BA booking reference, I've now got a completely different Flybe booking reference.



And the Flybe website tells  me that I have to  check in for my Aberdeen -London flight at the airport.


And heres the proof - a Boarding card for a NABAFWBAFNFWBACF, produced from the Flybe website with the BA flight number listed 




BA expecting me to turn up at Kirkwall airport  to check in is not unreasonable ( even though i don't have to ).

Flybe expect me once Ive arrived in Aberdeen 

  • to go to the baggage carousel  to retrieve any hold luggage
  • leave the departures area and go to Aberdeen Arrivals hall 
  • Go to a BA check-in Desk 
  • Go back through security
  • Go and wait in the Departures area that I have just left. 

Joined up thinking and planning to make travelling easy ? 


We shall have to see what happens on the way back when the NABAFWBAFNFWBACF is the second stage of the journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment