Wednesday 25 June 2014

NABAFWBAFNFWBACF - the return check-in

There is a bit of a problem with  some BA flights NotABAflightwithaBAflightnumberforwhichBAcollectfare (NABAFWBAFNFWBACF for short ) as described here and here and here.

Briefly
  • A flight with a BA flight number that is booked, and the fare paid to BA  through the BA website is not a BA flight.
  • Online check-in is not available through BA website  for non-BA flights.
  • BA don't tell you how to book online for a NABAFWBAFNFWBACF

So I have a journey  in 2 steps
  • BA3296 from London (City) to   Aberdeen
  • BA4040 , a NABAFWBAFNFWBACF from Aberdeen to Kirkwall.
I couldn't check in through the BA website for the NABAFWBAFNFWBACF travelling down to London. This is the screenshot.
And coming back ?


You can !.

Just to check , I logged in to the Flybe website, with my BA booking reference


and the flight is listed. And I have the option to check in online for this NABAFWBAFNFWBACF.

Check in for the NABAFWBAFNFWBACF flight through the BA website ( which BA Customer Relations have told me I can't do, or check in through the BA flight reference put into the FlyBe website ?


So I checked in for the NABAFWBAFNFWBACF, through the BA website. It seemed to be OK. They gave me the option of printing off a Boarding pass as well.

And  having completed that I went back to the BA fight reference login the FlyBE webite on the FlyBe website , and I'm checked in.
 

So the online check-in is different if the NABAFWBAFNFWBACF is the first or second flight .

Confusing ?

Whats the chance that I get any sense out of BA Customer Relations  when I point this out to them ?

No comments:

Post a Comment